October 22, 2015
It’s four weeks in and unfortunately, our plants are still not growing and our soil was dry, but on the bright side our elodea plant continued to grow. Since our soil was very dry, so we were instructed to add more water to our ecosystem. At first we barely opened the top bottle and added water by using a pipepet. We did not get very far with that, so we opened up the top half of the bottle and poured water into our soil. Hopefully, next week we can see some plant growth.
Our snails were still alive and we saw one daphea swimming around. We also saw that there was black stuff on our string and white foam forming around the top of the string near the top.